Location: Madrid (Spain)
Company: Electronic Arts
Required languages: Portuguese – Mother tongue
Min. Studies: High-school
Min. Experience: No experience
Contract type: Temporary
Contract duration: 2 – 3 months
Salary range: 18.000 € – 24.000 € gross / year
Description: We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Madrid is home to EA’s Spanish Publishing organization, IDS (International Development Services) and the Certification Group. IDS consist of Localization Testing, Software Engineering and Production. This office is one of EA’s larger facilities in Europe.
Electronic Arts Software, SL., the name of the company’s Spanish division, includes the most important international localization studio for videogames in Europe. Approximately 200 employees (computer engineers, producers, sound and linguistic specialist) work in this division which provides over 450 localized versions of our titles to more than 30 countries in Europe, the Near East and South America, demonstrating EA’s strong commitment to building a cutting edge technology centre in Spain that can cover our needs for both current and next generation platforms.
The Certification Group is the last stop for the majority of the games EA brings to homes of people across the world. A dedicated group of people is constantly striving to ensure that all the up to date demands of both EA and our partners are upheld.
In the Madrid office you will find a young, vibrant, and multi-cultural environment where each employee has an important role in this exciting organization.
We admire your videogame and/or linguistic knowledge. That is why we want you to test our games to the limit before they hit the shops!
The Challenge Ahead
As a Videogames Tester, your role will have 1 of 2 main purposes:
1. LT Testing – Check linguistic quality of the localised products in-line with EA procedures and requirements prior to being certified by EA’s Certification group.
2. Certification Testing – Progress through the newest EA games and run testing scripts on the latest platforms (console, PC, Mac, Mobile) to help ensure that all EA products meet the high standard required from EA and the relevant first parties.
The specific role you will be given at EA will depend on your skill-set and Electronic Arts’ needs at the time of hire.
What a Videogame tester does at EA
• Proactively complete assigned tasks accurately and thoroughly, and within a specified timeframe in order to detect (and subsequently report on a daily basis) bugs, software flaws and/or design issues;
• Ensure that no guideline-related bug, flaw or issue remains in the signed-off product and report them as early as possible;
• Proactively seek to improve knowledge of testing procedures and where applicable, related equipment;
• Ensure correct write-up (in English) of bugs, flaws and issues, and in LT, propose corrections to facilitate fixes;
• Inform Leads and Senior Testers of any issue that may slow down, stop – or improve – testing progress as early as possible;
• Maintain strong teamwork;
• Adhere to EA security procedures; take responsibility for equipment and software security; each individual is responsible for the security of any hardware or software that is in their possession;
• Communicate pertinent information to other team members;
• EA’s Madrid Office is a dynamic area where there are peak periods of activity and therefore the work load and the make-up of teams will vary.
• Although candidates will be required to work a 40 hour week, they must be flexible in terms of actual working hours and be available for weekend work when necessary.
Requirements: The next great EA Videogames Testers also need the following:
• Candidates must be at least 18 years old;
• Fluency (written & verbal) in Portuguese language – native speaker (mother tongue);
• Fluency in English – Excellent verbal and written communication skills is a must have;
• Genuine interest and knowledge of videogames;
• Very good knowledge in cultural areas related to EA video games;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment;
• Demonstrable knowledge of video game platforms – PC, Mac, Consoles (such as PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, etc.), Mobile platforms and related software;
• Demonstrate an organized, structured approach to testing task with an eye for detail;
• Ability to identify and resolve problems effectively;
• Organised, self-starting, proactive, customer focused, teamwork oriented;
• Ability to work under pressure when necessary, and to deadline;
• Demonstrable ability to communicate in a clear and concise way;
• Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills;
• Attention to detail and methodical working practices.
• Experience of software testing in a Localisation, QA (Quality Assurance), Customer Service or similar environment within a video game publisher/ developer/ localisation agency is highly beneficial but not mandatory.
• Working in a multi-site/cultural team.
It is time to Get in the Game with the world´s leading independent developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software.
Fonte: Europe Language Jobs